I attended an Open House for Mountain Zen Yoga on Sunday afternoon and found a new favorite place downtown. This place is an unexpected addition to the downtown Sevierville landscape, but it fits in perfectly. Come along and stretch with me.
I parked across the street from Graze Burgers and near the Crust and Crumb bakery, two of my other new favorite businesses downtown. Now, add this one to the list.
Mountain Zen Yoga is located in the former bail bondsman office. I think that I will use this business more. 🙂
The fruit infused water is worth the price of a class! Try this strawberry and citrus water. Wonderful!
Get the app or book online. Here is the contact info.
I was greeted at the door by the studio owner, Heather Jagels. I have actually known her for years and just reconnected with her at the Night at the Derby party in April. During college, Heather used yoga to relieve stress. Later, she worked as the VP of Marketing for 3 national television networks: HGTV, DIY Network, and Great American Country. She would travel 14 days out of the month so finding yoga studios kept her healthy on the road. In doing this, she began to dream about having her own studio. She began her dream in downtown Sevierville with the December 1st opening of Mountain Zen Yoga.
The studio is very attractive and comfortable. I loved the floor, ceiling, and big front windows.
Heather says that you can do yoga at any age throughout life. It makes the muscles and core stronger too. I want to be able to hold this pose for 5 seconds by the end of the summer? Stay tuned.
You are on Bruce Street, but you feel like you have entered a peaceful realm.
The bolster pillows are so pretty, but are very sturdy and offer good support.
Remove your shoes at the door and put them in this cubby at the back of the room. You can store your other things in this area as well.
I stayed for the free class. Curtains were drawn to begin the stretching session. I love the beautiful lighting in the room in this shot. Also, it captures the beautiful floor and ceiling.
It is so easy to just relax and restore in this room.
After the relaxing stretch session, we listened to a massage therapist speak about wellness, muscles, and the body.
Here is the contact info for the massage therapist.
This is my goal for 5 years from now. I love the beautiful dancer pose. Heather does it beautifully.
As you can tell, this is a busy place with classes scheduled all day. This is posted in the front window.
- It is easier to come dressed for class. If you need to change, there is a restroom down the hall or a little office upstairs above the yoga room.
- You can rent a mat for $2 if you need one.
- If the front door is open then that indicates no class is going on at that moment. If the front door is shut, wait until the class is over to enter the studio. Go have a coffee at Courthouse Donuts or Crust and Crumb. Or, run across the street and visit the Arts in Common Gallery or Two Coyotes Studio on Court Avenue. They are all my favorite places downtown and just steps away.
- Yoga makes your life better and your body stronger. It relieves stress, makes the body stronger, relaxes muscles, and clears the mind. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t need that.
- I have two friends who love ‘hot’ yoga. It gets up to 95 degrees for that class.
- Sevier County citizens get a 5% discount. Sevier County teachers get a 10% discount. We could use a lot of yoga benefits right now!
- There are 5 instructors who teach classes for Mountain Zen Yoga. They are all Yoga Alliance certified teachers. These instructors have different backgrounds and styles so they bring a lot of variety to the studio.
- Book classes through the app or online.
- The room holds 14 people and some classes book up so planning is key to reserving a spot.
- There are at least 3 beginner classes. Rest and Restore is for beginners and takes place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
I am so glad that I was able to attend the Open House and take a quick class with Mountain Zen Yoga in downtown Sevierville. This will be a place that is convenient and on the way to other things that I like to do downtown, especially during the summer. I hope to take classes on a weekly basis this summer. Truly, Mountain Zen Yoga will help to maintain a healthy life and body and that is one of the best reasons to get out and about in Sevierville.
Save a spot for me!
Thank you for coming to community wellness day I look forward to seeing you at my massage office in the future. It was a pleasure to meet you.